Pages

02 April 2014

:: back to the drawing board, literally ::

when I was a young warthog, still looking into colleges and wondering how in the world I was going to pass for a college student -- because I can't be college-age yet, that's too old. and also because I was a warthog -- I corresponded once or twice with the head of the eku art dept., herb goodman (thanks, professor! it was really helpful!). his last advice to me: "draw every day."

yeah, every day sounds easy. it also sounds fun, especially for someone who claims that's what she wants to do for, like, the rest of her life, world without end, amen.

but I have failed miserably at this.
MISERABLY.
I essentially put the "miserable" in "les miserables". if only because "les miserables" contains "miserable", and like nothing else does, and because I can relate to everyone in the story, between my conflictedness and guilt and singing in the rain.
-- if you have a come-on-with-the-rain-I've-a-smile-on-my-face kind of song in your head right now, you have the wrong musical. I feel much more the-rain-will-make-the-flowers-drown at the moment.

to get myself out of this slump, I'm going to do this 30-day drawing challenge. I need to get my hand back in and this is a way to make me do it. accountability is everything. I hope.

so: KEEP ME ACCOUNTABLE. hey, you draw, too, and it will be like us doing it together. except we're not really together. that would be weird. (all right, all right. I just have austen on my mind, I guess. bear with me.) I'm actually rereading dune, so things are going to get real intense, real fast. "'No more terrible disaster could befall your people than for them to fall into the hands of a Hero….'"

No comments:

Post a Comment

by all means, leave a comment if you have something to share! please keep your language clean, respectful, and polite.

staying on topic would be nice, too, but I know that can be hard sometimes.