Pages

28 January 2014

:: spooky short story time ::

yesterday morning, I read washington irving's the spectre bridegroom.

if you have any experience with washington irving,

um.

I don't know how to end that sentence. especially since my entire experience has been the legend of sleepy hollow (but of course) and rip van winkle (no duh). I really have nothing to say about irving, except that I found sleepy hollow appropriately thrilling (and there's a really long, rambling story about it from my childhood which I will not relate); and also that for school a few years ago, I got a big-kid illustrated-for-coloring version of rip and enjoyed it immensely.

spectre bridegroom… I really liked it. it's similar to sleepy hollow in its satirical, slightly sarcastic "this is a ghost story, be frightened. ha, what a dummy" way, and it was obviously supposed to be predictable, which added to the charm. also the last line made me crack up, and that is always a good thing in a story. …unless it's, you know, not supposed to.

this, however, is supposed to be sarcastic, and therefore I quite enjoyed it. heh :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

by all means, leave a comment if you have something to share! please keep your language clean, respectful, and polite.

staying on topic would be nice, too, but I know that can be hard sometimes.