Pages

17 October 2013

:: a slight change of pace ::

I've seen this "30-day song challenge" trending on quite a few blogs lately, and I was like SWEET, MAN, LET ME AT IT. but I realized as I listened to other people's songs that it really only means something the person doing it. I mean, I enjoy seeing what other people like, and I do listen to their songs.
        most of them.
        most of most of them.
        ...but even if someone else listened to the entirety of each of my songs, it wouldn't mean the same thing to them as it does to me. and let's face it, 30 days of imbedded youtube songs would be a bad idea because it's 30 days and that's just too long for a blog technically about books.
        even so, I couldn't resist going through this song list and posting a few. feel free to come back later and skip this music-fest. (please don't judge my antiquated music choices. I know, some of these songs are from, like, 5 years ago.) (kidding. my favorite summer band is the beach boys. I'm still stuck in last century.) (guys. enough with the hipper-than-thou looks. it's called "vintage".) 

- current favorite: "prairie town" by the wailin' jennys

- makes me happy: "on top of the world" by the carpenters

        it just reminds me of kidhistory's 'healthy food'. see minute 2:25. haha.

- makes me sad: "never-ending road" by loreena mckennitt

        apparently she wrote this after her fiancĂ© drowned in a boating accident. it's heartbreakingly sweet and sad.

- I dance to:

  "best song ever" by 1d (watch until the credits. not as creepy, way funnier.)
  "calcutta" by dr. bombay (great dance music. slightly amusing to watch. very hilarious english.)
     
- from a band I hate: "call me maybe" by carly rae jepsen
        I got so tired of hearing this song ALL OF 2012, GOOD GRIEF. she opened for the jb concert my sister went to by singing "your heart is a muscle". ...I know. I know. plus, I just find her personally obnoxious. (note: the best thing about this song is the last 2 seconds of the music video. HA HA serves you right for giving your number to a complete stranger! didn't your mother ever warn you about this??)

- no one would expect me to love: "all around the world" by justin bieber

        no, I'm not a belieber or even big on jb. I just really enjoy the song.
     
- describes me: "melody" by kate earl and "independence" by the band perry
         I do "play songs back-to-back until I go to bed". and there is one line from "independence" that is so me: they say I'm crazy / a little loco / most of my friends will live and die in this zip code / that might be for me / but until I go / how am I ever supposed to know? (...which reminds me of this poem.)     

- which I listen to when I'm feeling angry nostalgic: "life in a northern town" by dream academy

        (I changed #20 because I don't listen to music when I'm angry. is that odd?) this song has always been the epitome of nostalgia for me. even when I was 13. isn't there a law somewhere that you can't feel nostalgic until you actually have a reason to? :)

- makes me laugh:

  "rugs from me to you" by owl city
  "self-indulgent ballad" by scott garnham
  "lady come down" by colin firth & rupert everett (*laughs inordinately*)
                                 
- to play at my wedding: "more" by bobby darin

- favorite song this time last year: "till I hear you sing" by ramin

       that last note: he held it for 14. seconds.

(I'm not used to using youtube for music; I'd highly recommend using grooveshark.com. just about every song on here is find-able there, and you can listen without the added video. I really don't like video+song when I only want song.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

by all means, leave a comment if you have something to share! please keep your language clean, respectful, and polite.

staying on topic would be nice, too, but I know that can be hard sometimes.