Pages

23 December 2014

:: this is the rhythm of my life ::

it's like my very own awards show. woo!

best music video of 2014: billy boyd - the last goodbye

album of my year: the jane eyre musical soundtrack. I cannot say how many memories I have with this thing. dorky? absolutely. but whatever.

artist of my year: rogue valley. their smoky, natural acoustics are some of my across-the-board favorites. they remind me of autumn and growing up.

some songs just remind you of things. this year was especially that way, with all the big events in my life seeming to coincide perfectly with the songs I was listening to. these probably wouldn't mean much to anyone else, but they are all very evocative for me :)

JANUARY - let her go (passenger)

FEBRUARY - love somebody (maroon 5)

MARCH - mummer's dance (loreena mckennitt)
 
APRIL - young hearts (strange talk)

MAY - best day of my life (american authors)

JUNE - make a new dance up (hey ocean!)

JULY - sky full of stars (coldplay)

AUGUST - heading west (hadley fraser)
   [listen to the whole amazing album here!]

SEPTEMBER - mountain laurels (rogue valley)

OCTOBER - october winds (cara dillon)

NOVEMBER - tonight the streets are ours (richard hawley)

DECEMBER - don't you worry child (keith jack / swedish house mafia)
   [no, they didn't sing together. I love both versions, but I don't think you can get kj's version anywhere yet -- other than his album.]

my top 5 paper-writing/studying artists
1. phil coulter
2. piano guys
3. secret garden
4. yann tiersen
5. mannheim steamroller

my 15 most-listened-to songs from 2014
in no particular order
hey brother (avicii)
shut up & dance (walk the moon)
love you lately (daniel powter)
there never was a time (scarlet pimpernel concept; linda eder?)
ugly heart (g.r.l.)
laughter lines (bastille)
gone, gone, gone (phillip phillips)
come what may (collabro)*
beautiful times (owl city)
walk on the ocean (toad the wet sprocket)
after the storm (mumford & sons)
through the dark (1d)
drops of jupiter (train)
let's be still (head and the heart)
see you in my dreams (we the kings)

*I have only had three-and-a-half months in which to listen to this; but as much as I've listened to, say, the 'ocean eyes' album or 'bad day', I think I've managed to break even.

now I have this insatiable itch (...urm, I think that borders on mixed metaphor) to listen to all these songs again. oh gosh, it's been such a good year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

by all means, leave a comment if you have something to share! please keep your language clean, respectful, and polite.

staying on topic would be nice, too, but I know that can be hard sometimes.