Pages

06 August 2014

:: practicing addresses ::

   my latest calligraphy assignment was to write addresses on envelopes. I did; but then I wanted to try with some ordinary pens.
   so, I have waaaay too much fun making up the recipients. it's hilarity-inspiring when I think of just how many little secrets I have stowed away in these fantastic addresses.

here's a picture.


do you get them*??? hilarious, yes?? (*you have to be familiar with the poets in question, and their works. also you must have devoured les mis and be moderately familiar with it. please forgive my accidental forgetting of the second letter 'u' in 'luxembourg'.)

I also came up with an "agnes frollo - hugo building, notre dame university, 1 gringoire drive, emerald, MI" address, but didn't end up using it because 1. it's super long and probably not even in the right order 2. it's not very subtle, and I like to be subtle about these things, and 3. I couldn't come up with a good zip code.
   come up with a good zip code, and I'll write you a letter. (I know, right?)

these are the exciting things happening in my life. in little things that you probably don't care about, I bought books for my first semester today. it was a lot of money. another little thing: college starts in 2 weeks, 4 days, 19 hours, and 45 minutes. another lot of money. but not that I'm intimidated or counting down until the day I probably implode from the pressure and nervosity, which is a word.

if I don't make it back... enjoy your fall! I will probably be terrorized until christmas break :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

by all means, leave a comment if you have something to share! please keep your language clean, respectful, and polite.

staying on topic would be nice, too, but I know that can be hard sometimes.