Pages

27 August 2014

:: famous, if only by association ::

if you haven't been living under a rock, you know about the pinterest monster, Crazy Cat Lady. she's the eccentric rich old introvert that every girl wants to be right about now, because we all like to think we're a little different, we'd all love to be rich, old not so much but at least past awkward youth, and introvert because it's really super-trendy to be all, "yeah, so, I don't care what anybody thinks, and, like, I just want to lie around in my pjs and whatever, you want to judge me, I don't care" -- mainly because these are skinny, cute, made-up girls with great hair and adorable lounge pants.
*takes deep breath*
SO. 
I am practically famous.
BECAUSE THERE IS A CRAZY CAT GIRL IN MY DRAWING CLASS.
like, she is... she is IT. okay, not rich, and not old, and not really an introvert; nor does she have a lot of cats around; but, other than that -- this girl 
IS NUTS. 
okay, I shouldn't be all judgy mcjudgerson about her. yeah, she's a little quirky, maybe, but aren't we all??? (I've obviously learned a lot from all the diversity talks during various orientations.) 
NO. EVEN THEY WOULD SAY SHE'S CRAZY. 
she wants to get training in art to teach feline painting. -- that's not people, painting cats; OH NO, that's cats doing the artwork. she thinks they have a huge capacity for artistic expression and that -- and I quote -- "cats see what we don't see. humans do the same things, over and over, so I think we could really benefit from their point of view." 
*runs screaming*

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Deryn... is this, like, for real? I am laughing really hard right now:D. Don't think I ever heard of anything, or anyone, so strange.

    I am so glad that you're enjoying school!

    And the calligraphy is looking gorgeous!

    Talk to you soon!

    Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, she's pretty for real. she's kind of attached herself to me in our 3d class, so probably more stories will be forthcoming :p

    thanks! I'm hoping to settle into my college schedule and have more time to practice. I haven't done any in the past week, pretty much. :/

    ReplyDelete

by all means, leave a comment if you have something to share! please keep your language clean, respectful, and polite.

staying on topic would be nice, too, but I know that can be hard sometimes.