Pages

04 March 2014

:: in just-spring ::

it isn't really just-spring. we got snow sunday night -- about five inches of it. (in march, people!) spring has got to be, as frog and toad would put it, just around the corner.

I have read 'call of the wild' (poem, not book) about four times already this week. robert service is heartbreaking.

when will the snow go away? when will I see the sun again? I've got to go. I've got to go somewhere. it's been too long since I've been on a road trip or moved or done anything. I get this wanderlust every year, a cross between cabin fever and adolescent dreams of adventure, but it hurts more this year than ever before -- maybe because winter this year has lasted from about november until march, and I'm sick of the cold and the everlasting whiteness of everything.

oh my heart…

- - -

Let us probe the wild places, let us see what luck betide us;
Let us journey to a lonely land I know.
There's a whisper on the night-wind, there's a star agleam to guide us,
And the Wild is calling, calling… let us go.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, I know exactly what you mean. Although here it just got warm recently, which is odd, but it's heartbreaking because it'll just drop back down to -20 Celsius in a few days, as always.
    That poem at the end is really lovely. And I second your hope- spring MUST be close by now!

    ReplyDelete

by all means, leave a comment if you have something to share! please keep your language clean, respectful, and polite.

staying on topic would be nice, too, but I know that can be hard sometimes.