Pages

28 August 2013

:: I request the honour of your presence ::

lately, I've been amusing myself by making sketchy plans (pun!) for literary wedding invitations. it's been excessively diverting. 

this is the first set I came up with. I'm calling it 'violets' since that is pertinent to the invite design and subject matter (I get formal when I get ridiculous. on this blog I'm always formal, which should tell you something about its content). anyway, here it is. 

click for a larger, pixellated version!

I'm keeping the book an open secret. if you can figure it out, super, but I'm not going to say. (it's much more entertaining that way.) I had to guess at the date for the wedding, because the book only says -- within a conversation between lucy and george -- that they were married in spring. I randomly said april 10th, which somehow seemed appropriate; but then, I've also arranged the date ("4.10.08") in the american style, whereas they would write it in the british style ("10.4.08"). so there are some glitches I'll have to work out.

eventually I'll get around to making a real, live copy and then the content will actually be readable. har har. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

by all means, leave a comment if you have something to share! please keep your language clean, respectful, and polite.

staying on topic would be nice, too, but I know that can be hard sometimes.