Pages

17 September 2016

:: hiatus ::

since school started, I've made it through about six chapters of w&p, and I've only kept posting because I wrote four posts in early august. but I've run out, and I don't have time to write another right now. that said, I've taken notes on the few chapters I have read, so once I get to the next break (both school- and book-wise) I should be able to start posting again. until then, don't watch for me.

we are more than halfway through the book, though! we can do this! (and seriously, who wouldn't want to. aren't you just dying to find out what happens to everyone?? I'm super excited to finish, because there's so much I don't remember.)

I do this thing every semester, where I drop a huge bucket of words detailing all the work I'm doing in each class. I'm not going to do that this time. for my bookforms class (hereinafter referred to as "574") I have to do a weekly process post on tumblr, so if you're really curious what I'm up to, check out derynjoyulhitebf.tumblr.com. (that's at the request of my teacher: "ul hite" because I'm at the university of louisville's hite art institute; and I assume the "bf" is for bachelor of fine arts, but then it should really be "bfa" so I'm not sure exactly what's going on. whatever. just type it in, you'll be fine.)

linguistics is great: I'm spelling everything in IPA these days because it's good practice and I get a kick out of it. it's a bummer to have to go to school on fridays, but oh well -- it's worth it for this class, which is only 50 minutes anyway.

music history. well well well. it's easy, but inconvenient. more on that as the semester progresses, probably. right now we're gearing up for test one, which shouldn't be tough since all we've covered is irish music (spec. uilleann pipes), spanish music (by which he means gypsy music, but really, flamenco dancing), cape breton fiddling, and cajun + zydeco (spec. button accordions). much tough. very difficult. so sarcasm.

english -- which turns out to be cross listed with WGST gahhhh -- has actually been manageable. it's "women in literature," which of course means we talk about feminist issues and cetera, but mostly how women are portrayed in literature. which I can deal with (I just so hate confrontation...). the first book we read was jane eyre and that was delightful, of course :) it's easier to be prepared for class when you can already quote paragraphs from memory.


and packaging ("575"). just peachy. I have to go make a mockup of my pizza cutter packaging right now, though. so bye.

2 comments:

  1. Linguistics + Music History + English = awesome. Seriously, these classes sound fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it has been pretty great so far :)

    ReplyDelete

by all means, leave a comment if you have something to share! please keep your language clean, respectful, and polite.

staying on topic would be nice, too, but I know that can be hard sometimes.