Pages

10 May 2016

:: list at midnight ::

(that title. did you read that title??! I think it could be a really good poem if someone who wrote really good poems wrote one and called it that.

ahem. the list.)

1. the semester is over
SO, YAY. let that sink in for a moment.

2. I have much things to do
like perfect those grammar skillz.

3. make lists of those things
*check*

4. go to bed and finish this in the morning
but it's okay, I'm doing the procrastination part tomorrow.

all right, real talk! school's been out for a week, but we took a vacation in north carolina (OBX FTW)(which I've said at least once before), and I took all that time away from electronics. except for my computer, because I wanted to read a bunch of books. (so by "away from electronics" I really actually mean my phone, which means texting and social media. which is just instagram right now. so it's not like I was an electronic virgin the whole time, but I didn't want to face my friends after a whole semester of neglect, just yet. I did check my email though BECAUSE MY BEST FRIEND WAS HAVING A BABY CONGRATS I'M NOW AN HONORARY AUNTIE!!!! (congrats to her, not to me. although I definitely take congrats if you have some extras you'd like to hand out).)

sand and surf are good for the soul. it was great.

but I have a lot of things I need to get on top of, now that I'm back: personal projects as well as a couple freelance jobs I'm juggling (business logo, wedding programs), and I am behind on my emails. I meant to catch up during that vacation, but see: when given the choice between
sit inside staring at a retina display
vs.
go outside to get soaked and literally cold feet and maybe a sunburn and totally tangled hair that no disney movie could ever begin to speak to and definitely sand in every possible orifice and salt everywhere else
--I mean, really. which would you choose?
rhetorical question!!!! which here means, DUH. getting slapped in the face with a great big salty wave is my kind of paradise. don't know what planet you sprung from.

ookay. it's past midnight and I get weird past midnight. I am also tired, so I will now shuffle off to buffalo, and worry tomorrow about wrapping up my semester and probably some books (ugghhhh my book to-review list is killing me with guilt) in overdue tome-length posts that include material on whatever happens to strike my fancy. who knows, maybe I'll cover the calculated existential angst to be discovered in a bowl of breakfast cereal.

life is full of surprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment

by all means, leave a comment if you have something to share! please keep your language clean, respectful, and polite.

staying on topic would be nice, too, but I know that can be hard sometimes.