Pages

26 December 2015

:: we'll tak a cup o' kindness yet ::

2015 was too much bread on too little butter, and I'm the butter.
no. I don't want to talk about it.

I was going to do this warm, fuzzy little bulletin of what all happened over this past year, but I really don't want to (and already ran through the year anyway). some years are really good, and it's fun to go back over them in your mind and relive the happinesses, and that's great. it can give you a happy sigh and a good night's sleep.
    don't get me wrong, there were some very, very good things about this year, and I'm so glad I got to experience and enjoy them; but the truth is, the hard things hit hard and december 2015 has been particularly difficult and I just don't feel warm and fuzzy right now.
   and then I was like, well, what if I make a list of what 2016 might look like? two wishful things immediately jumped to mind, 1: scholarship money and 2: smooth semester.

like always, just keepin' it trill.

seriously, there is more than that, but so much more I can't even go into all of it. from comfort for grieving families to more sleep, it's too huge when I try to compass all those hopes in my head. joy, peace, and happiness, for pete's sake, and while I'm dreaming, I want a pony.

let's let 2015 go -- to bury its dead. isn't it marvelous that tomorrow begins a whole new year with no mistakes in it yet? and even more incredible the great faithfulness that will renew every morning, with mercy upon mercy and no shadow of turning.

the end. except now we all go in for the rousing chorus.

for a-auld la-ang syne, my dear,
for a-auld la-ang syne,
we'll take a cup of kindness yet
FO-OR A-A-AULD LA-A-ANG SYYYYYYYYYYYNE!

you sing it like that. don't lie to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

by all means, leave a comment if you have something to share! please keep your language clean, respectful, and polite.

staying on topic would be nice, too, but I know that can be hard sometimes.