Pages

29 July 2013

:: introduction ::

       let me put it bluntly before we go any further: my last blog was a complete failure. I started out by relating various shopping anecdotes, continued by talking about photography, finished by discussing art and wound up realizing... my hilarious one-liners were about as funny as that 15th knock-knock joke.
we all know how that goes. it slightly resembled the flight of an untied, air-inflated balloon when you let go of the end.
I therefore figuratively wiped the slate clean and decided the only course left to me was writing about something with which I have a lot to do, that I enjoy, and that’s pretty self-fulfilling. in other words, I like what I like, I’m going to write about it, and if you don’t care, fine. I’m not writing for you anyway.
what a motivation for you to keep reading, right? yep, that’s me, always putting others first.
        well, I was thinking my first post would give an overview of some things I’d like to do with this blog, but honestly, I’d just rather see where it goes. I mean, I have definite plans – and those definite plans involve lots of books and lots of drawing – but if I say them here, I’ll get into macramé in the next six months and wish I hadn’t blown my mouth off about literature so that I could switch over to talking about all the… whatever you do with macramé. I don’t even know. go figure.

        for those of you who feel this is a cop-out, however, some very very very general ideas I have for this blog (whether or not I go with them in the long run): I'm thinking reviews and discussions of things I've been reading, some more artistic productions -- probably relating to the reading, and the occasional, more personal post, as I wrestle with what new kind of tea (or book) to try this week. or something like that. ...when I said "very general", I meant it. 

        I have plenty of other ideas rattling around in my head, but these are just a few of the bigger ones. for the benefit of the general populace, you might say; a hook to keep you interested and a boot out the door if you’re already not. 
        hey, don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

by all means, leave a comment if you have something to share! please keep your language clean, respectful, and polite.

staying on topic would be nice, too, but I know that can be hard sometimes.