Pages

18 July 2015

:: with a little ink ::

that was derived from a quote of the incredible typographer archimedes, who once famously said, "give me a pen and a place to sit, and I will draw the word." that's me, just humbly following in his footsteps.

sean mccabe recently put out a free 'learn lettering' newsletter (like this article, but expanded & delivered straight to your inbox) prior to the release of his 'learn lettering 2.0' class (coming july 27! so excited!!). I signed up for the newsletters a few weeks ago and it's really been incredible: in some ways I see my lettering improving, but more importantly, I'm remembering why I love doing it and I have renewed motivation to work diligently and consistently. (last schoolyear my extracurricular artistic endeavors disappeared, really, and summer hasn't gotten me a whole lot of truly free time. also I'm lazy.)

these are some things I've worked on lately:

amirite?
 what sean calls "deliberate practice".
oh, my wit. I slay me.

now go have a productive weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

by all means, leave a comment if you have something to share! please keep your language clean, respectful, and polite.

staying on topic would be nice, too, but I know that can be hard sometimes.