Pages

01 October 2014

:: oh, life, the glorious cycle of song ::

I've been absent. (gosh, I'm even starting to talk like a school-person.) I have had a lot of class-related time-consumers, like actually attending and then repeatedly applying class-learned procedures outside of class and either in my room or the library cafe (cheap coffee and today I ate a bagel (I LOVE BAGELS)). but I'm not going into particulars, because you don't want to hear about it.

no, trust me. you really don't.

let me sum up (and I swear, I say that way too much):

- gen 101 is completely unnecessary to my college education, and I cannot wait for it to be over in mid-october. may I repeat, CANNOT WAIT.

- 3d art and foundation drawing are both going really well, I really enjoy them, but I have blisters from today's 2+ hours of plaster reduction and that's not a happy thing.

- history is pretty fascinating, but I have a 10-page paper due in a few weeks that is stressing me out of my cotton-picking mind. like, seriously, it's not coming together as quickly as I remember previous research papers doing, so I'm... well, stressed. it's dumb of me, but a fact.

- math. hmm. well, I get the concepts (basically algebra (blushes for self taking algebra in college)), but my teacher is terrible, bless his heart. he really stinks. and I have this big ol' "project" that I have to do -- I think to show that I understand what's going on in the various formulae? but I've never done something like this before, and I think I'm allergic to letter grades below a B (at least in theory). this means that, once again, I'm stressed and moderately terrified. (I did what I'm sure was terribly in the quiz tonight, partially due to the coffee-on-an-empty-stomach routine that I performed earlier. stupid, stupid rat creature.)

and that's an overview of my first month and a half of college. it discourages me immeasurably to remember the 3.75 YEARS of this I still have to do, all of which I am currently incapable of paying for. I mean, class by class, I'm sure I'll have fun (I do enjoy it to some degree right now, no pun intended), but I get home exhausted and overwhelmed.

fall break is this week. I will have several days to catch up and get some rest -- for both of which things I am exceedingly grateful. WOO.

No comments:

Post a Comment

by all means, leave a comment if you have something to share! please keep your language clean, respectful, and polite.

staying on topic would be nice, too, but I know that can be hard sometimes.